Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Winchester 2.0 or no? Hint: It's gonna be a yes.

Somewhere in the early 2000's, I created a town I absolutely loved in The Sims 2 called Winchester Isle.  I tracked down the terrain, found my default replacements, started a blog, downloaded more custom content, played the game, downloaded more custom content, had my computer crash, got a new computer, put in my most recent version of Winchester Isle, updated the blog a bit, but it didn't feel the same.  I stopped playing for quite some time and then my computer crashed again and I got a netbook.  Anyone who's been through netbooks knows that it is not meant for any kind of sims gaming.  By the time I got a laptop and decided to get a sims game later on, I went to The Sims 4, much later than most, and played that primarily.  I still miss my Sims 2 game and I still have all the disks in my closet but I got the The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection through Origin and as of 2pm on Wednesday April 15, 2020, I have redownloaded it to this laptop with the intention to create a new neighbourhood.

I don't have a terrain picked out.  I don't have any default replacements.  I don't have anything planned for this new replay so it's time to start from scratch! 

First things first: default eyes and skintones.  Happy searching for me since a good amount of where I would find custom content in TS2, no longer exists.  This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment