Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lucky

Summer 2061


Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again


Narrated by Deidre Mraz



It hasn't been an easy year.  Carlton and I have known each other since we were in school and it took quite some time for us to get together.  But once we were, we were like a train without breaks, hurdling down track.  We got married so quickly.  Neither of us wanted to wait.  I don't regret a single second of it.  What surprised us is how fast we got pregnant with Dakota and then got pregnant again,  I'm due in the early fall.  We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet.  I wanted to be surprised.  Carlton not so much but he can't keep a secret like that to himself so he's not allowed to know either.  We have to start looking for a new place.  This apartment is only a two bedroom and that second bedroom is so small that even with just Dakota and her crib in there, it's really cramped.  The only problem is, we don't really have the funds to move.


Carlton just opened up a restaurant called MMLXI in Upper Winchester.  We had to take out a loan for that.


People have been coming.



Some more often than others.  The profits are just not turning as much as we had hoped.

There are only three employees:


Vince Jeffress the host,


Genesis Jeffress the waitress and


Jaci Connors the bartender.

Maybe we went too big too fast but I'm can't be there to help like I wanted to with this pregnancy and watching Dakota while Carlton has been at the restaurant.  He's thinking to cut down the service to Thursday nights, Friday nights, and then lunch and dinner crowds for Saturday and Sunday to see if we can make it better.  Carlton's also been courting Executive Chef Holly Bendett from another restaurant but to pay her now would be difficult.  Either way right now, it looks like we're going to have to take out another loan and move to a bigger apartment

We just got back some photos that we had ordered online.  My little Dakota is growing up to be such a big girl.







I hope our next child is as easy going as she is.

Note:
- "Lucky" is by Jason Mraz (yes that is where I stole this family's last name from) and Colbie Caillat.  There's also a cover from Glee, sung by Chord Overstreet (Sam Evans) and Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray).  Hey, I've even heard it sung on Drop Dead Diva by Brooke Elliott who plays Jane Bingum.
- I'm still not exactly sure how Dakota ended up blonde, but I'm not complaining.  She is one of the most adorable toddlers.  She has almost the same hair genetics as Daphne Pullen, except mother is a red head and father is a black haired sim.  Dakota came out blonde.  Did I mention Dakota came out blonde?
- MMLXI as mentioned in a previous update (See You Again - shameless plug I know), this restaurant was made for me by Monique at N99 (and of Oasis Valley).  I'm hoping it becomes the premier high end restaurant and unfortunately for me, while Carlton's cooking skill is high, he still has to work in the Culinary field to help make ends meet and he's got a long way to go before he comes anywhere close to being a chef.  I went into game to take the family portrait and noticed he had the want to talk to Holly Bendett who is an executive chef.  I'm hoping as the business gets better, he'll be able to afford her.
- Maybe I should explain the restaurant name...just occured to me that people other than me may not get it.  MMLXI is basically the roman numeral for 2061, which is the year the restaurant opened.  If Carlton is lucky enough to start a chain of high-end restaurants, then the name of this restaurant may be adjusted to "Mraz: MMLXI" and the other restaurants will be named after the year they open as well.  See!  Me and my genius ways :D  I need to make some kind of signage for the restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see that you found use of the building.

    I think when she grows up Dakota is going to have great eyes. I can't explain her weird genes but the family has a really interesting hair color combination going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, I think her eyes are going to look amazing as she gets older too. I can't wait to see her grow up. I love my building I just wish I could get the building beside it to shrink properly so it will line up. It's the only building I have that seems to refuse to work with the Lot Adjuster.

    ReplyDelete