Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fireflies

Fall 2061

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

POV: Dingo Winchester

Not much happens up at the farm.  Grandpa and I spend so much time just looking out the window.

My little brother turned one.  Everybody loves Dawson.  

Grandma's always holding him and patting his hair and stuff.  

He has dad wrapped around his little finger.  

Found out mom's pregnant...again...I think I heard Grandma say she's due in the Winter.


Grandpa's talking the trees into a good harvest for this year. Ever since the family moved from Founder's Island, Grandpa's been having trouble with the trees.  But I've heard him say "I'm determined to get them to standard, just like the trees back home", what ever that means.  Much to Grandpa's dismay, I really don't care about farming.

Dawson smells and he still cries a lot.  I don't remember being such a cry baby when I was his age.  I was a model child.

I've been spending more time trying to get to know cousins better, or specifically Daniel.  

Grandma and Grandpa always complain how the family's not as close as it used to be.  So I'm doing my part.  I would talk to Daniella, but she's the same age as Dawson and as of yet, they're not too great to talk to.

Note:
- "Fireflies" is by Owl City.
- I had tried to get a picture with Dingo looking out the window at fireflies, which would work so perfectly with the title...I don't know if the fireflies went on vacation but they were no where to be found on the lot.
- Benjamin is the only living child of my founder, Adam Winchester.  He's actually Bethany's little brother.
- And just for the fun of it, a picture I still have to put into their house:
(click for a larger size)

No comments:

Post a Comment